At St. Theresa Mission Hospital – Kiirua we have a specialized Unit (with 5 ICU beds and 8 HDU beds) that provides comprehensive and continuous care for patients who are critically ill and injured. This forms the ICU & HDU unit of the hospital. We also Offer Neonatal ICU services.
The ICU caters for the very sick patients who are are in need of the following services.
- Those that require life support systems.
- Those that need very close monitoring of vitals and parameters including invasive monitoring.
- Patients with unstable hemodynamics.
- Patients suffering from serious life threatening illnesses like heart attack and stroke.
- Patients in coma.
- Patients with single or multiple organ failure.
- Patients that have been operated on, but are not fit enough to be reversed from anesthesia immediately.
- Patients that are unable to breathe adequately and need /may need artificial respiratory support.
- Patients that have consumed dangerous substances/poisons.
- Patients with poly trauma.
The High Dependency Unit (HDU) on the other hand is a step down progressive and intermediate care unit from the ICU. Patients that need more intensive observation, treatment and nursing care than is possible in a general ward but slightly less than that in ICU are admitted to this ward.
Contact us for enquiries: 0724997893/0703726321