Reporting to the Director of Medical Services, the Medical officer’s responsibilities include the following;
- Clerking, investigating and managing patients in consultation with the relevant medical specialists
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment.
- Performing emergency and elective surgeries that are well within the scope of the medical officer.
- Training and supervising Medical Officers (Interns) and other students.
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment.
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately done.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Being an In charge of the department allocated
Requirements for the Medical Officer Job:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist council.
- Completed one (1) year internship.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy hospital.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists council.
- Valid ACLS and ATLS certificate.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to details.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Critical care experience will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their application to: email@example.com. Include the Medical Officer in the title.
Deadline of application is 7th December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ST THERESA MISSION HOSPITAL-KIIRUA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At St. Theresa Mission Hospital-Kiirua , We offer equal employment and internship opportunities regardless of the race, tribe, religion or even background in accordance with the Employment laws of Kenya.
Working with us is not just a job but an opportunity to Love and serve the community and the world at large.
“What is the process of job application at St Theresa Mission Hospital-Kiirua?” is a common question.
Answer: Send your application to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Incase a vacancy comes up, ONLY short-listed candidates get contacted.
STMH-K has experienced continued holistic growth since its inception in 1967. Our number one focus has always been optimizing client experience (both internal & external clients); as we work towards our vision of becoming ‘A Preferred hospital offering responsive and holistic quality healthcare, teaching and referral services’.
- We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications
- ONLY short-listed candidates get contacted.
- There is No Application fee required for any vacancy at our Institution
- Human Resource Office shall contact the shortlisted candidates through Telephone number 0727811041/0702065486 ONLY.